|Thank you for visiting bilco.com – The Worldwide Source for Specialty Access Products. BILCO.com is committed to protecting your privacy and to making your on-line experience efficient, secure, useful and informative.
BILCO.com policy is to respect and protect the privacy of our website users, consistent with the applicable laws of the United States and the State of Connecticut. We do not collect, use or disclose any information about our users without their knowledge and approval. We do not share user information with third parties.
Policy Revision and Notification of Changes
What Information About Users Does The Bilco Company Collect?
Automatic Information - The following information is collected and stored automatically from all users accessing the bilco.com web sites to browse or download information:
This information is used to create summary statistics, which are used for purposes such as assessing what information is of most interest to users, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. This information is not reported or used in any manner that would reveal personally identifiable information, and will not be released to any outside (third) parties unless legally required.
- The Internet domain and Internet Protocol address from which you access our site
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site
- The date and time you access our site
- The pages you visit; and If you linked to BILCO.com from another website, the address of that website.
Personal Information you provide to Bilco -
www.bilco.com does not retain personally identifiable information about you when you visit our web sites unless you choose to provide such information to us (i.e. sending an e-mail, participating in a survey, responding to a feedback or "contact us" form, etc.) We consider any information that could reasonably be used to identify you as "personally identifying information." This includes, but is not limited to:
Any combination of data that could be used to identify you such as your birth date, your zip code and your gender. The Bilco Company may request personally identifiable information from you in order to provide requested services, but such information is handled as it would be on an in-person visit to The Bilco Company.
- Your name Your address
- Your e-mail address
- Your Social Security number
- Your password
- Bank account information
- Credit card information
E-Mail Communications and Web Forms
If you send us an electronic mail message with a question or comment that contains personally identifying information, or fill out a form that e-mails us information, we will only use this personally identifying information to respond to your request. We may redirect your message to another department or person or a representative organization that is in a better position to assist you or answer your question.
All e-mail messages collected by BILCO.com contain the e-mail addresses of persons who voluntarily communicated with or requested information from us. E-mail addresses are not sold or leased without the user's consent. When a user has given us their e-mail address for purposes of communicating with or requesting information from BILCO.com, that communication may prompt us to share that information with a representative of The Bilco Company.
We do not use permanent cookies to retain information on the BILCO.com site. A cookie is a text file, not a program, which is sent to your computer when you access a site. Cookies do not disclose your name or e-mail address to a web site. They can only tell a web site if you have visited before and can pass short bits of information from the web site back to itself the next time you visit. BILCO.com may use temporary cookies that do not write anything to the user's hard drive. When the browser is closed the cookie is gone.
Does The Bilco Company Share The Information It Receives With Anyone?
Except as provided by applicable state and federal laws, we do not collect, use or disclose user information without the user’s knowledge and approval. We do not share user information with third parties unless we have informed users about the disclosures or have prior consent. In addition, all State of Connecticut contractors must comply with this policy.
Can I Access and Correct My Personal Information?
Persons concerned about information contained in their personal records should contact the custodian of the record at The Bilco Company. BILCO.com does not collect any personally identifiable information other than what you provide in your e-mail correspondence. The automatic data recorded is not matched with any of that personally identifiable information. Therefore, information cannot be provided about your visit.
Do I Have a Choice About Whether or Not My Personal Information is Provided to Others?
BILCO.com does not obtain personally identifiable information about you when you visit our web sites unless you choose to provide such information to us (i.e. sending an e-mail, participating in a survey, responding to a feedback or "contact us" form, etc.). We do not disclose, sell, lease or provide any personal information about our users to any other government or commercial entity for any purpose. There may be instances where we send ongoing updates or announcements to interested parties. In such cases, visitors will have the choice whether or not to receive these updates or announcements. However, it is important to understand that under applicable state and federal law, various forms of correspondence and other communications may be subject to public disclosure.
Commitment to Security
The Information Technology Department, which manages the computers that support BILCO.com, has put into place appropriate safeguards to ensure that any personal information is secure from destruction, corruption, unauthorized access and breach of confidentiality. This effort includes an ongoing review of safety measures, implementation of changes, and regular training for our personnel.
Disclaimer/Links to other Sites
The Bilco Company Return Policy
For questions or comments about this policy, please contact:
- All returns must have a Bilco return authorization number issued by The Bilco Company Credit Department.
Returns without a proper Bilco Authorization Number will not be accepted.
- No merchandise will be accepted for return unless the authorization is given and the units are returned within forty-five (45) days of invoice date.
- Unless prior arrangements are made and approved by The Bilco Company Credit Department, Credit will be issued only to purchasing party.
- Only Bilco standard products which are in a condition to be immediately restocked and/or reshipped will be accepted for return for credit. If not received in such a condition, customer agrees to compensate Bilco in full for the cost incurred to restore product to saleable condition.
- A Return Authorization Number will not be issued without a copy of this document signed by an officer of the purchasing party or their authorized designee, and returned to The Bilco Company Credit Department.
- Special size and/or modified units of any kind will not be considered for return.
- Returns are to be freight prepaid by the purchaser. Collect returns will not be accepted by Bilco at any operating location.
- Destination of orders accepted for return to a Bilco location will be designated by The Bilco Credit Department only.
- Merchandise being returned must have clear signature from carrier at origin.
- Handling and restocking charges for all orders accepted for return will be applied as follows: 10% of original unit(s) price if replacement is ordered. 20% of original unit(s) price if no replacement is ordered.
- This policy shall be governed and construed in all respects in accordance with laws of The State of Connecticut without giving effect to conflicts of laws. Purchaser hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waives any claim to assert that the law of any other jurisdiction should govern this agreement. Purchaser hereby consents to the jurisdiction of the courts of The State of Connecticut and The United States District Court of Connecticut with respect to any suit, action or other proceeding arising under or in respect of this Policy or with respect to the transactions contemplated hereby, and expressly waives any and all objection Purchaser may have to venue in any such courts. Purchaser shall not bring any suit, action or other proceeding under or in respect of this Policy in any courts other than the above.
The Bilco Company
Information Technology Department
37 Water Street
West Haven, CT 06516
Phone: (203) 934-6363