|Standard Features and Benefits
- Angle frame with internal surface mounting flange allows an installer to simply position the door and bolt it into place. The concealed mounting fasteners provide a safe and secure installation
- Weathertight perimeter gasketing prevents dirt, debris, and other contaminants from entering the opening
- Engineered lift assistance for smooth, easy one-hand door operation
- Automatic Hold Open arm locks the cover in the open position to ensure safe egress
- Concealed stainless steel hinges are designed to be tamperproof when the door is in the closed position
- Available in mill finish aluminum construction
- Fully welded padlock hasp allows the areaway to be secured against intrusion
- Safety posts & chains provide areaway fall protection when the cover is in the open position (shown on door at the top of the page).
- A stainless steel stop chain can be specified in place of the hold open arm and gas strut lifting mechanism. (Option not for use in personnel access applications)
Material: 1/8" (3mm) aluminum plate cover and 1/4" (6 mm) aluminum
Cover: Diamond-pattern tread plate reinforced for 105 psf (513 kg/m2) live load.
Frame: 1/4" x 3" x 3" (6.4mm x 76mm x 76mm] angle frame with internal mounting flange and 7/16" (11mm) diameter anchor holes.
Gasket: Extruded EPDM rubber gasket permanently adhered to cover.
Hinges: Heavy-duty, stainless steel pintle hinges with 3/8" (9 mm) type 316 stainless steel hinge pins.
Latch: Type 316 stainless steel slam lock with fixed interior handle and removable exterior turn/lift handle. Latch release is protected by a flush, gasketed, removable screw plug. (For added security, specify: full welded exterior padlock hasp).
Lift Assistance: Gas strut lifting mechanism with powder-coat finish. Automatic hold-open arm with grip handle release.
Finish: Mill Finish aluminum
Hardware: Type 316 stainless steel unless otherwise specified.